AUSTRALIA’S MOST POPULAR BEGINNERS MINDFULNESS COURSE
Over time and with regular practice, many people find that mindfulness helps to reduce stress, anxiety and self-judgement. Mindfulness can also help improve sleep and increase self-acceptance.
$145 for a full 4 week introduction to mindfulness course in Barossa Valley. Includes 4 classes with an experienced mindfulness trainer, mindfulness app, downloadable guided mindfulness meditations and a 45-page guidebook.
JUMP TO BAROSSA VALLEY COURSE LOCATIONS & SCHEDULES
Mindfulness is a practical and simple practice of being present, relaxation and self-awareness.
Over time and with regular practice, many people find that mindfulness can assist them to experience less stress, anxiety and worry as well as greater happiness more self-acceptance. You still experience difficult thoughts and feelings, but you have a greater capacity to be with them, rather than be trapped by them.
The Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation course is designed for absolute beginners It is designed for you to experience the benefits of mindfulness for yourself
“Thank goodness I came across Mindfulness Works. I have learnt so much in a year and have the happiest, authentic and content that I have ever been. By learning acceptance without judgement as been an eye opener for me. I’m continuing my journey of self compassion and feel excited and hopeful for my future. But am grateful of the now and who I am today…” – Rebecca Young
Many people who practice mindfulness regularly, over time find that they:
Experience less stress, anxiety and worry
Improve sleeping patterns
Feel more self-acceptance and self-love
Reduce reactivity and increase emotional intelligence
Experience more joy
EXPERIENCE GREATER JOY AND FREEDOM
Modern life IS challenging. There are work, financial. family, relationship pressures. Mindfulness gives you ways to navigate these challenges and pressures in skillful ways. Many people who practice mindfulness find they have a greater capacity to feel joy and are not so totally ‘caught up’ in the stresses of modern life. They feel more mental freedom.
IMPROVE SLEEP AND REDUCE STRESS & ANXIETY
Regular mindfulness meditation over time, activates the ‘para-sympathetic’ nervous system. This means your body starts to relax. Many people find that after meditating that their sleep improves. Many people find that over time stress and anxiety can reduce with mindfulness practice. This does require regular, consistent practice over a period of 8 weeks or more.
REDUCE THAT “NOT GOOD ENOUGH” FEELING
Many of us have a small voice in our head telling us we are not quite ‘good enough’ as we are. This voice or ‘inner critic’ makes us feel we are ‘wrong’ no matter what we do. It says we “should” have a different body type, be kinder, be smarter or similar themes. The Introduction to Mindfulness course provides skillful ways to quieten the ‘inner-critic’ so it appears less regularly and when it does, it is not so painful.
FULL 4 WEEK COURSE: Give yourself the full experience of a four-week course, rather than just an introductory workshop. A four-week course allows you to practise between classes, giving you the opportunity to experience the benefits of mindfulness for yourself in a real way.
NO RISK MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If you attend all the classes (complete the course) and don’t feel you have received any benefit, you are entitled to a full 100% money back refund. You still get to keep all the course materials, downloadable guided meditations, workbook and app.
EXCLUSIVE 45-PAGE GUIDEBOOK: Our exclusive professionally designed Mindfulness Works 45-page guidebook is for you to keep. This includes weekly assignments, lots of articles and a reading list.
FREE 4 WEEK GIFT SUBSCRIPTION TO THE CALM MINDFULNESS APP: All participants on courses receive a free 4 week gift subscription to the full version of the award-winning Calm Mindfulness and Meditation App. PLUS get a 25% off the price of a 12 month subscription to Calm premium.
OVER 15 GUIDED MINDFULNESS MEDITATIONS – FOR YOU TO KEEP: You receive a selection of over 15 guided mindfulness meditations to download/stream. Yours to keep even after the course finishes.
NO RELIGION. NO DOGMA. NO FUNNY POSITIONS: This course is practical and fun with no religious elements at all. The language used is clear and modern. We sit in chairs.
EXPERIENCED AND WELL-SUPPORTED TEACHERS : Receive guidance from experienced mindfulness teachers who have received our Mindfulness Works teacher training and partake in ongoing professional development.
ALL BAROSSA VALLEY COURSE LOCATIONS | ALL COURSES ARE $145
FREE 4 WEEK GIFT SUBSCRIPTION TO CALM PREMIUM INCLUDED IN COURSE
Every participant on the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Mindfulness 4 Week Course from receives a free 4 week gift subscription to the award-winning Calm mindfulness and meditation app (premium version). This app was the Apple app of the year for 2017.
25% DISCOUNT ON PREMIUM VERSION 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION
At the completion of the 4 week gift subscription to the Calm premium app you will have the option (opt in) to subscribe to the premium version for 12 months at a discount of 25%.
“Neuroscientists have found that meditators shift their brain activity to different areas of the cortex…This mental shift decreases the negative effects of stress, mild depression and anxiety. …The researchers found that the meditators showed a pronounced shift in activity to the left frontal lobe. In other words, they were calmer and happier than before.” – Psychology Today
- Easy to follow instructions on mindfulness as well as simple, daily mindfulness practices.
- An opportunity to experience the benefits of mindfulness for yourself – in a very real way.
- A safe, confidential environment suitable for absolute beginners and like minded individuals wanting to investigate mindfulness, meditation and ways of supporting their own well-being.
- Time out for you and your own well-being and a place where you will not be judged and a way to foster non-judgement and acceptance in yourself.
- All the tools and support you need to continue practicing mindfulness after the course finished including your own guidebook, mindfulness meditation audios and notification of more advanced courses and retreats (should you wish)
- A no risk money back guarantee. If you attend all course sessions and feel you have not received benefit, you are entitled to a full refund.
“Since doing this course, I have been sleeping much better, I feel much more in control of my emotions, I have enjoyed ‘noticing’ my own state, but also it has transferred to everything around. This means I am re-enjoying many things that I had been taking for granted.” — Sandy Good
This particular course emphasises your own natural wisdom, your own innate OKness, right here and now. The instructions and guidance will be explicitly inviting you to embrace your whole human experience as it happens, moment by moment with a radical acceptance.
Mindfulness means “paying attention in a particular way; On purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgementally.” – Jon Kabat Zinn (Professor of Medicine Emeritus Stress Reduction Clinic and the Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine).
Mindfulness and meditation are both gaining in popularity as more and more people discover how this simple skill can have a profoundly positive impact on your life. Organisations such as Google, Apple, Nike and Yahoo! now run mindfulness programmes and sessions for staff during work hours. Modern research about mindfulness and meditation shows measurable and significant benefits to people including less stress, less anxiety, greater focus, calm and happiness.
Week 1: What is Mindfulness?
- What mindfulness is
- The benefits of mindfulness and meditation
- How to get the most from the course
- Guided body scan mindfulness meditation
- Questions and answers / discussion.
Week 2: Working with the Mind
- Why thinking can be problematical
- Practical ways to work with difficult thoughts
- Self-judgement and how to intervene
- Guided mindfulness meditation – counting the breath
- Questions and answers / discussion.
Week 3: Working with Emotions
- What are emotions?
- Learning to feel emotions
- The RAIN method
- Non-judgement and acceptance
- Guided mindfulness meditation on feelings
- Questions and answers / discussion.
Week 4: Radical Acceptance
- What it means to be present
- How wanting causes stress
- Developing wisdom and insight
- Authentic self-compassion
- Open awareness guided mindfulness meditation
- Questions and answers / discussion
- Next steps.
“I am more open to life and what is going on around me. I feel more comfortable in myself… “
“I gained tools to help myself become aware of my feelings and how to deal with them…”
“I am learning how to step outside myself and re-assess before I react…”
“It’s ok to be you – with all the human failings and flaws…”
“I have a sense of emerging calm and strength…”
BOOK A COURSE NOW
Refund and Transfer Policy
- Full refunds are available up to one week before a course starts.
- Free transfers to other courses are available up to one week before a course starts.
- Once a course has started, full refunds are only available if you attend every class of the course and feel you have not got value. In this case you are entitled to and will be given a full refund.
- Refunds are not given if you do not attend every class of the course and if you simply ‘do not like’ the course or decide it ‘is not for you’.
- For more details about our refund and transfer policy, please read our FAQ.
How long is each weekly class and what happens?
Each class is one hour long. There will be a guided meditation for a period. This will include meditation instruction. After the meditation and instruction, there will be a talk or discussion. This includes a question and answer time.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for any of the following:
- 18-year-olds and over
- People who have never meditated or practised mindfulness before
- People who have just started meditating or practising mindfulness.
About The Trainers
The approach of all Mindfulness Works teachers is straightforward, practical and heartfelt and directed towards you discovering your own innate wisdom and authentic experience.
Leanne Camilleri – Barossa Valley
Leanne is an organisational wellbeing specialist and coach. She is passionate about helping people to bring out the best in themselves and others.
Drawing on the foundations of positive psychology and wellbeing science, she educates workplaces and individuals with evidence-based tools and strategies to mindfully manage stress, improve mental fitness and build resilience.
As an agent for positive change in the Defence Industry, Leanne introduced mindfulness to the Shipbuilding Industry to help people navigate a time of high stress and uncertainty. She is passionate about promoting positive redundancy.
Leanne is the host of the Work Well, Live Well Podcast. Her passion is inspired by using meditation as a tool to manage her own adversities throughout life.
Leanne’s website is www.Leannecamilleri.com.au