Be a Mindfulness Teacher With Mindfulness Works
Mindfulness Works is looking for suitably qualified and experienced mindfulness teachers to offer our Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation course in the following locations.
- Wodonga / Albury
Mindfulness Works is the largest provider of mindfulness training in Australia. We created and run the most popular in-person mindfulness course in the country,
Mindfulness Works is committed to making mindfulness as accessible as possible with low-cost, practical, effective and non-religious beginners courses.
The Mindfulness Works Vision:
“To significantly improve the mental health and wellbeing of all. To foster self-acceptance and self-love in all.”
Join the Team – What We Offer You….
Mindfulness Works provides a unique and supportive environment for our mindfulness trainers. We offer you:
- A way to generate a livelihood by teaching mindfulness without having to rely on the headache of marketing courses.
- Assistance for you to grow your own mindfulness teaching business
- The ability for you to off offer sitting groups and follow-up courses (for example eight-week MBSR courses, MBCT courses) to attendees of the Introductory course.
- Support in promoting your sitting groups and follow-up courses.
- The support of a team of over 70 mindfulness teachers throughout Australia and New Zealand
- Full administrative and organisational support with our admin and operations manager, Karen Kopp.
- Excellent use of social media and web promotion to support you in building your own mindfulness training business.
- Opportunities for workplace mindfulness training.
Your independent contractor role would be:
- To facilitate 4 x one-hour evening introductory mindfulness courses.
- To find and book a suitable venue to provide the training (Mindfulness Works pays for the venue).
- Contract-based. You would be paid per course run. The frequency of courses varies from one course every 2-3 months to one course every 6 months, depending on demand and the size of location
- To provide any one-on-one coaching/training that may arise from the courses
Being a Trainer With Mindfulness Works – Criteria
1. Training Background/Qualifications/Experience
To apply to be a facilitator with Mindfulness Works Australia, you must have either
- formal training and qualifications in offering a mindfulness-based practice to others at either individual or group level. This must be MBSR, MBCT or ACT training
- an extensive background in teaching mindfulness-based meditation in a group situation.
If you don’t meet the above criteria but would like to learn to become a mindfulness trainer with either Mindfulness Works, another organisation or on your own, we recommend the training and pathway provided by the Mindfulness Training Institute of Australasia.
2. You Must Have Retreat Experience
You must have attended at least one 7 day or longer silent meditation retreat.
3. Business Structure
You MUST have a company or partnership to be an independent contractor with Mindfulness Works Australia
if you are a sole-trader, you must already be trading and receiving income.
If you are working full-time currently as an employee, without any extra consulting or training income, you are NOT eligible to be a trainer with Mindfulness Works Australia.
Your relationship with Mindfulness Works Australia would be as an independent contractor. You must provide your own training equipment (bells, any whiteboard/flip charts and markers, laptop and so on as maybe required). You must supply your own hand sanitiser in compliance with COVID safety regulations. You would be fully responsible for your own tax and superannuation payments.