BEGINNERS MINDFULNESS AND MEDITATION ONE DAY WORKSHOPS:
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN REDCLIFFE (QLD)
A full day beginners mindfulness and meditation workshop including 4 week gift subscription to the premium version of the Calm mindfulness app, downloadable guided mindfulness meditation downloads and 45-page workbook.
These workshops are specifically designed for people with busy schedules (or busy families). It is the perfect, simple and easy way to learn mindfulness and meditation covering all the basics in a practical and fun way during the course of one day.
$135 for the full day including streamable and downloadable mindfulness meditation audio files, a guidebook a the ideal starting point for you to de-stress and learn a new skill with support from a group and an experienced facilitator.
Many people who practice mindfulness regularly, over time find that they:
Experience less stress, anxiety and worry
Improve sleeping patterns
Feel more self-acceptance and self-love
Reduce reactivity and increase emotional intelligence
Experience more joy
FREE 4 WEEK GIFT SUBSCRIPTION TO THE CALM PREMIUM APP INCLUDED WITH THIS WORKSHOP
Every participant on the Mindfulness Works Natural Ease One Day Workshops receives a free 4 week gift subscription to the award-winning Calm mindfulness and meditation app (premium version). This app was the Apple app of the year for 2017.
BOOK HERE| WORKSHOP LOCATIONS
Sunday, 1 November
10.00am – 4.30pm
Facilitator: Jon Unal
16 Victoria Avenue (Cnr Georgina Street)
“Since doing this course, I have been sleeping much better, I feel much more in control of my emotions, I have enjoyed ‘noticing’ my own state, but also it has transferred to everything around. This means I am re-enjoying many things that I had been taking for granted.” – Sandy Good
What you get from this workshop…
- An understanding of what mindfulness is and how it works
- Clear guidance and instructions on how to meditate
- An opportunity to relax and de-stress
- Practical techniques you can use at home on a regular basis
- An increased sense of well-being
- Audio-guided mindfulness meditations, available for download or streaming.
What’s included in this workshop…
- A full day of instruction and practice in a safe environment
- Guided mindfulness meditations for you to download or stream
- 45-page guidebook with instructions and articles
- Opportunities for questions and answers
No religion, no dogma, no funny positions…
- There is no religion, dogma or belief systems to adopt in mindfulness-based meditation and methods
- The instructions and explorations throughout the day have a focus on practical, everyday life
- We sit on chairs and there are no strange positions at all (cushions are available if you prefer)
- Emphasis is given to your own experience not theory.
“Neuroscientists have found that meditators shift their brain activity to different areas of the cortex…This mental shift decreases the negative effects of stress, mild depression and anxiety. …The researchers found that the meditators showed a pronounced shift in activity to the left frontal lobe. In other words, they were calmer and happier than before.” – Psychology Today
These particular workshops emphasise your own natural wisdom, your own innate OKness, right here and now. The instructions and guidance will be explicitly inviting you to embrace your whole human experience as it happens, moment by moment with a radical acceptance.
Mindfulness means “paying attention in a particular way; On purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgementally.” – Jon Kabat Zinn (Professor of Medicine Emeritus Stress Reduction Clinic and the Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine).
Mindfulness and meditation are both gaining in popularity as more and more people discover how this simple skill can have a profoundly positive impact on their life. Organisations such as Google, Apple, Nike and Yahoo! now run mindfulness programmes and sessions for staff during work hours. Modern research about mindfulness and meditation shows measurable and significant benefits to people including less stress, less anxiety, greater focus, calm and happiness.
Session 1: What is Mindfulness?
- What mindfulness is
- The benefits of mindfulness and meditation
- How to get the most from the course
- Guided body scan mindfulness meditation
- Questions and answers/ discussion.
Session 2: Working with the Mind
- Why thinking can be problematical
- Practical ways to work with difficult thoughts
- Self-judgement and how to intervene
- Guided mindfulness meditation – counting the breath
- Questions and answers/ discussion.
Session 3: Working with Emotions
- What are emotions?
- Learning to feel emotions
- The RAIN method
- Non-judgement and acceptance
- Guided mindfulness meditation on feelings
- Questions and answers/ discussion.
Session 4: Radical Acceptance
- What it means to be present
- How wanting causes stress
- Developing wisdom and insight
- Authentic self-compassion
- Open awareness guided mindfulness meditation
- Questions and answers/ discussion
- Next steps.
Includes streamable/downloadable mindfulness meditations, 45-page workbook and lunch
- A variety of MP3 guided meditations are available
- Guided meditations are by Australian and New Zealand teachers
- Professionally designed 45-page workbook included in course
- Full refunds are available up to one week before a workshop starts.
- Should you attend the full day and feel you have not received value, you are entitled to a full refund.
How long are the workshops and what happens?
The workshops run from 10.00am – 4.30pm. There are breaks for lunch and morning and afternoon tea. The environment is relaxed, fun and safe. There will be a variety of guided meditations offered throughout the day as well as instructions. There will be plenty of time for questions and answers.
Who are the workshops suitable for?
These workshops are suitable for any of the following:
- 18-year-olds and over
- People who have never meditated or practised mindfulness before
- People who have just started meditating or practising mindfulness.
About the teachers
The approach of all Mindfulness Works teachers is straightforward, practical and heartfelt and directed towards you discovering your own innate wisdom and authentic experience.
Jon Unal – Redcliffe
Jon is a qualified therapist and mindfulness educator. He is the founder of Conscious Beginnings. Over the years, Jon has supported hundreds of people to achieve their aspirations by becoming more mindful, self-aware, resilient, confident and courageous. As well as working with people one on one, Jon has extensive experience teaching mindfulness in the workplace. Some of his clients include Australian Counselling Association, BHP, Credit Union Australia, Sanofi and Queensland Police.
Jon has graduate qualifications in applied psychotherapy and counselling, training in various modalities such as ACT, mindfulness and neuroscience. He also holds a Master’s Degree in economics.
Jarrod Paine – Wodonga
As an education outdoors teacher for the past 18 years, and adventurer for life, Jarrod has great skills and patience in teaching and brings an enthusiastic and infectious passion to all his classes along with his personal experiences.
He is one of those human beings who has a constantly busy mind and body; always working on something, rarely resting, always achieving. It was these characteristics and a strong virus that set him up to crash with chronic fatigue and it was formal and informal mindfulness practices that picked him up and returned him to a high performing personal state.
Jarrod developed his personal practice with no formal training over years of extensive reading, guided practice and lots of time sitting. Combined with later completing numerous formal courses in Mindfulness and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Jarrod has established his own unique, blended approach to daily mindfulness; part yoga, part adventure flow and part formal sitting.
He is passionate about mindfulness meditation for the way it can improve the efficiency of the brain, essentially the brain’s fitness, spanning across emotional control, improved concentration and volume of task completion. Jarrod believes this brain training is as important as numeracy and literacy in this high performing busy modern world and teaches this Introductory course as a way of helping more adults get brain fit.
Jarrod also delivers training for Mindfulness in Nature, Organisational Brain Fitness and Flow Adventure Mindfulness through his own business Comma.
Testimonials for the Mindfulness Works Introductory Course:
“The course was very relaxed and friendly, and full of useful practical advice that recognised the limits to time that everyone faces. Also I liked the mix of people attending, with a range of different reasons for being there.” — Rosie Cree
“Since doing this course, I have been sleeping much better, I feel much more in control of my emotions, I have enjoyed ‘noticing’ my own state, but also it has transferred to everything around. This means I am re-enjoying many things that I had been taking for granted.” — Sandy Good
“The course guidebook was a useful guide and very informative. I also enjoyed the formal practice and the way different strategies were explained.” — Linda Daniell