Mindfulness 2.0 4-week Course, West Perth
with Claire Guild
This course is for those who have completed the Mindfulness Works Intro course or for those with some mindfulness experience.
Learn in-person in a small group with experienced mindfulness teachers, accredited to offer Mindfulness 2.0.
Develop a daily mindfulness practice
Experience greater joy and freedom
Allow more self-love
One of our biggest challenges as mindfulness practitioners is developing a sustained, regular mindfulness practice. This course addresses this challenge with practical ways to foster a daily practice. It also offers the supportive environment of a group of people all intending to practise on a regular basis.
As we continue to practise mindfulness, we often notice a deeper appreciation of life, our environment, our relationships and our self. A sense of natural presence can start to re-emerge, which has an openness and depth to it. We are less likely to be thrown off course by the challenges in life as we have a deeper sense of connection and intimacy with our own tender humanity.
One of the most debilitating aspects of modern life is self-criticism and self-judgement. This can arise in very subtle ways that endlessly plague us, telling us we should be different than we are. Mindfulness allows us to see through the lies of this self-judgement as we start to recognise and feel our own natural OKness. We are less needing to ‘improve’ or change ourselves as we accept more and more our life and ourselves, just as we are.
Experience safety, satisfaction and connection.
The Mindfulness 2.0 course is an innovative approach to mindfulness and meditation. The course is based on your own experiential learning, core formal meditation, personal development practising with others, and the core components of wellbeing, safety, satisfaction and connection.
SAFETY — Understand and feel what it is like to be OK with your experience, even in difficult times. Learn to rely more and more on your own presence for your own wellbeing.
SATISFACTION — Realise you are OK — just as you are, even if your mind is saying something different. Discover the real benefits and joys of a regular formal meditation practice.
CONNECTION — Feel connected to something bigger than yourself and feel greater intimacy with yourself, life and with other people.
What you get with Mindfulness 2.0
LEARN TOOLS TO DEVELOP A REGULAR MEDITATION PRACTICE: Support your intention for a regular meditation practice with practical suggestions and with a group of like-minded individuals.
4 x 60 MINUTE CLASSES IN-PERSON: Enjoy a full hour to explore and share your mindfulness practice, locally and in person.
EXCLUSIVE GUIDEBOOK: Receive an emailed PDF of our exclusive mindfulness guidebook to keep. This includes weekly assignments, lots of articles and a reading list.
A UNIQUE AND INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO MINDFULNESS: Learn practical and effective ways to promote feelings of safety, satisfaction and connection in your life.
Facilitated by Claire Guild
Claire is founder of The Well-Being Creative, a lifestyle and wellness-based service for women. She has a Masters of Mental Health and is a trained Art Psychotherapist, Nurse and Wellness Coach with over 15 years clinical experience working in both Australia and the UK.
Claire is a qualified yoga teacher. She has practised yoga for 20 years including sitting meditation practices. In the last couple of years she has moved more towards mindfulness training and establishing her own mindfulness practice.
In her work as a psychotherapist, she has worked predominately with complex trauma and has incorporated mindfulness into her individual and group therapy work with children, adolescents and families.
She is passionate about working from a relational, transpersonal and positive psychology frame, integrating Eastern philosophies into Western practice. In her own life, Claire is passionate about living authentically and from a place of personal growth. She loves travel, the arts, the beach and all things health and wellness!
Designed for you by Glenda Irwin
Mindfulness 2.0 has been designed by senior Mindfulness Works facilitator, Glenda Irwin. Glenda has brought her experience, qualifications and passion as a mindfulness educator, business woman, coach and parent to create this powerful and unique course. In particular, Glenda has created the course to:
- Support you in developing a regular formal meditation practice
- Learn and practise practical ways of increasing wellbeing and feelings of self-acceptance
- Understand the psychology and neuroscience behind mindfulness and its effectiveness
- Create a sense of support with an experienced teacher and like-minded practitioners in the course.
Glenda has trained with Amy Saltzman (USA ‘Still Quiet Place’). She is the creator of ‘Mindful Colouring for Kids’. Glenda is a director of Mindfulness Matters — teaching mindfulness to organisations and the general public. Glenda is also trained in ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy). Her principle teachers are Joseph Goldstein, Rick Hanson, Dr Paul Gilbert and her own son, Cameron Irwin.
Mindfulness 2.0. Course contents.
Focus and Awareness
- Quick recap of the major elements of the Mindfulness Works Introductory course
- An exploration of focus and awareness as the twin aspects of mindfulness
- Choice-less awareness guided meditation
- Questions and discussion
Mindful Intention and Equanimity
- The power of intention
- Inner calm and equanimity
- Mindful movement guided meditation
- Questions and discussion
Mindfulness in Relationship and
- Mindfulness in relationship to us, others and life
- Greater awareness of your feelings
- Working with conflict
- Questions and discussion
- What does it mean to be truly happy?
- Accepting the ups and downs of our human experience
- Self-compassion and self-love
Refund and Transfer Policy
- Full refunds are available up to one week before a course starts.
- Free transfers to other courses are available up to one week before a course starts.
How long is each weekly class and what happens?
Each class is 60 minutes long. There will be a guided meditation for a period that will include meditation instruction. After the meditation and instruction, there will be a talk or discussion. This includes a question and answer time.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for any of the following:
- People who have completed the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation 4-week course or who have existing mindfulness and meditation experience.
ABOUT MINDFULNESS WORKS
Mindfulness Works is the largest mindfulness training organisation in Australia. Over 15,000 people have completed the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation 4-week course.
Mindfulness Works is committed to:
- Providing accessible and affordable mindfulness courses
- Offering a diverse range of experienced and skilled mindfulness trainers
- Providing courses in a practical format with exceptional supporting resources
- Improving the mental health of all of us and fostering self-love in all
- Supporting our facilitators with options for further professional development.