AUSTRALIA’S MOST POPULAR BEGINNERS MINDFULNESS COURSE
$125 FOR FULL 4 WEEK INTRODUCTION TO MINDFULNESS COURSE IN BENDIGO. INCLUDES 4 CLASSES WITH AN EXPERIENCED MINDFULNESS TRAINER, 4 WEEK GIFT SUBSCRIPTION TO THE CALM APP, DOWNLOADABLE GUIDED MINDFULNESS MEDITATIONS FOR YOU TO KEEP AND A 45-PAGE GUIDEBOOK.
Mindfulness Works exclusive 4 week introductory courses provide you with all you need to learn and start to experience the benefits of mindfulness.
Mindfulness Works is one of Australasia’s largest mindfulness training organisations. Over 15,000 people have completed the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation 4 week course.
Mindfulness is a practical and simple practice of being present, relaxation and self-awareness.
Over time and with regular practice, many people find that mindfulness can assist them to experience less stress, anxiety and worry as well as greater happiness more self-acceptance. You still experience difficult thoughts and feelings, but you have a greater capacity to be with them, rather than be trapped by them.
Sitting mindfulness practice triggers a relaxation response causing your blood pressure to drop, your breathing to slow and deepen and you relax. As you regularly practice mindfulness, our brain gets ‘rewired’ as new neural pathways are formed, making it easier to experience this relaxation.
With the increased self-awareness that occurs with long term mindfulness practice, people are able to make decisions that are better for them, rather than reactive decisions based on anger, fear or stress. You don’t feel so threatened and have more capacity to respond to a situation, rather than just react.
Many people also discover with regular mindfulness practice and over time that they have a greater capacity for self-acceptance, self-love and a natural sense of OKness – even with challenges such as relationship, financial, work or family difficulties.
The Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation course has been designed to give you a tacit experience of mindfulness and to assist you in developing the habit of a regular practice. It is designed for you to experience the benefits of mindfulness for yourself, rather than just learn about them.
Many people who practice mindfulness regularly, over time find that they:
Experience less stress, anxiety and worry
Improve sleeping patterns
Feel more self-acceptance and self-love
Reduce reactivity and increase emotional intelligence
Experience more joy
FULL 4 WEEK COURSE: Give yourself the full experience of a four-week course, rather than just an introductory workshop. A four-week course allows you to practise between classes, giving you the opportunity to experience the benefits of mindfulness for yourself in a real way.
NO RISK MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If you attend all the classes (complete the course) and don’t feel you have received any benefit, you are entitled to a full 100% money back refund. You still get to keep all the course materials, downloadable guided meditations, workbook and app.
EXCLUSIVE 45-PAGE GUIDEBOOK: Our exclusive professionally designed Mindfulness Works 45-page guidebook is for you to keep. This includes weekly assignments, lots of articles and a reading list.
FREE 4 WEEK GIFT SUBSCRIPTION TO THE CALM MINDFULNESS APP: All participants on courses receive a free 4 week gift subscription to the full version of the award-winning Calm Mindfulness and Meditation App. PLUS get a 25% off the price of a 12 month subscription to Calm premium.
OVER 15 GUIDED MINDFULNESS MEDITATIONS – FOR YOU TO KEEP: You receive a selection of over 15 guided mindfulness meditations to download/stream. Yours to keep even after the course finishes.
NO RELIGION. NO DOGMA. NO FUNNY POSITIONS: This course is practical and fun with no religious elements at all. The language used is clear and modern. We sit in chairs.
EXPERIENCED AND WELL-SUPPORTED TEACHERS : Receive guidance from experienced mindfulness teachers with retreat experience, who have received our Mindfulness Works teacher training and partake in ongoing professional development.
“Thank goodness I came across Mindfulness Works. I have learnt so much in a year and have the happiest, authentic and content that I have ever been. By learning acceptance without judgement as been an eye opener for me. I’m continuing my journey of self compassion and feel excited and hopeful for my future. But am grateful of the now and who I am today…” – Rebecca Young
ALL BENDIGO COURSE LOCATIONS
ALL COURSES ARE $125
FREE 4 WEEK GIFT SUBSCRIPTION TO THE CALM PREMIUM APP INCLUDED WITH THIS COURSE
Every participant on the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Mindfulness 4 Week Course from receives a free 4 week gift subscription to the award-winning Calm mindfulness and meditation app (premium version). This app was the Apple app of the year for 2017.
25% DISCOUNT ON PREMIUM VERSION 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION
At the completion of the 4 week gift subscription to the Calm premium app you will have the option (opt in) to subscribe to the premium version for 12 months at a discount of 25%.
“Neuroscientists have found that meditators shift their brain activity to different areas of the cortex…This mental shift decreases the negative effects of stress, mild depression and anxiety. …The researchers found that the meditators showed a pronounced shift in activity to the left frontal lobe. In other words, they were calmer and happier than before.” – Psychology Today
- Easy to follow instructions on mindfulness as well as simple, daily mindfulness practices.
- An opportunity to experience the benefits of mindfulness for yourself – in a very real way.
- A safe, confidential environment suitable for absolute beginners and like minded individuals wanting to investigate mindfulness, meditation and ways of supporting their own well-being.
- Time out for you and your own well-being and a place where you will not be judged and a way to foster non-judgement and acceptance in yourself.
- All the tools and support you need to continue practicing mindfulness after the course finished including your own guidebook, mindfulness meditation audios and notification of more advanced courses and retreats (should you wish).
- A no risk money back guarantee. If you attend all course sessions and feel you have not received benefit, you are entitled to a full refund.
“Since doing this course, I have been sleeping much better, I feel much more in control of my emotions, I have enjoyed ‘noticing’ my own state, but also it has transferred to everything around. This means I am re-enjoying many things that I had been taking for granted.” — Sandy Good
This particular course emphasises your own natural wisdom, your own innate OKness, right here and now. The instructions and guidance will be explicitly inviting you to embrace your whole human experience as it happens, moment by moment with a radical acceptance.
Mindfulness means “paying attention in a particular way; On purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgementally.” – Jon Kabat Zinn (Professor of Medicine Emeritus Stress Reduction Clinic and the Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine).
Mindfulness and meditation are both gaining in popularity as more and more people discover how this simple skill can have a profoundly positive impact on your life. Organisations such as Google, Apple, Nike and Yahoo! now run mindfulness programmes and sessions for staff during work hours. Modern research about mindfulness and meditation shows measurable and significant benefits to people including less stress, less anxiety, greater focus, calm and happiness.
Week 1: What is Mindfulness?
- What mindfulness is
- The benefits of mindfulness and meditation
- How to get the most from the course
- Guided body scan mindfulness meditation
- Questions and answers / discussion.
Week 2: Working with the Mind
- Why thinking can be problematical
- Practical ways to work with difficult thoughts
- Self-judgement and how to intervene
- Guided mindfulness meditation – counting the breath
- Questions and answers / discussion.
Week 3: Working with Emotions
- What are emotions?
- Learning to feel emotions
- The RAIN method
- Non-judgement and acceptance
- Guided mindfulness meditation on feelings
- Questions and answers / discussion.
Week 4: Radical Acceptance
- What it means to be present
- How wanting causes stress
- Developing wisdom and insight
- Authentic self-compassion
- Open awareness guided mindfulness meditation
- Questions and answers / discussion
- Next steps.
“Am so glad I did the course and would recommend it to everyone. ”
– Rosie Smith
“Huge reduction in anxiety, calmness of mind and body and empowerment over my symptoms.”
– Jo Kirwan
“I feel calmer. I am able to use techniques when my triggers go off. Using the meditation at night has allowed me to get a better nights sleep”
– Sue Mathew
“Using mindfulness to help me better manage unrelenting anxiety, obsessive worrying & sadness. I have found that using the apps is helpful when having a stressful day, & I intend to keep practicing daily. Thank you.”
– Cecily Wilson
BOOK A COURSE NOW
Refund and Transfer Policy
- Full refunds are available up to one week before a course starts.
- Free transfers to other courses are available up to one week before a course starts.
- Once a course has started, full refunds are only available if you attend every class of the course and feel you have not got value. In this case you are entitled to and will be given a full refund.
- Refunds are not given if you do not attend every class of the course and if you simply ‘do not like’ the course or decide it ‘is not for you’.
- For more details about our refund and transfer policy, please read our FAQ.
How long is each weekly class and what happens?
Each class is one hour long. There will be a guided meditation for a period. This will include meditation instruction. After the meditation and instruction, there will be a talk or discussion. This includes a question and answer time.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for any of the following:
- 18-year-olds and over
- People who have never meditated or practised mindfulness before
- People who have just started meditating or practising mindfulness.
About Mindfulness Works
Mindfulness Works is one of the largest mindfulness training organisations in Australasia. Every month over 600 people attend the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation course.
Mindfulness Works is committed to:
- Providing accessible and affordable mindfulness courses
- Offering a diverse range of experienced and skilled mindfulness trainers
- Providing courses in a practical format with exceptional supporting resources
- Improving the mental health of all of us and fostering self-love in all
- Supporting our facilitators with options for further professional development
About The Trainers
The approach of all Mindfulness Works teachers is straightforward, practical and heartfelt and directed towards you discovering your own innate wisdom and authentic experience.
Michelle Taffe – Geelong and Bendigo
Michelle (BA, YT200Hr) is a certified yoga and meditation teacher, a writer, musician and world traveller. From 2011–2017, she travelled the globe profiling yoga and meditation retreats and events through her previous business, The Global Yogi. Thanks to this work she had the pleasure of meeting and interviewing many different yoga and spiritual teachers and learning from them.
With a practice spanning some 13 years, her first contact with mindfulness was at a silent meditation retreat at a Buddhist monastery in Thailand in 2005. This was the beginning of her journey into mindfulness meditation and the art and science of wellbeing using the principles taught by the Buddha. Michelle’s personal practice is based in Insight Meditation (Vipassana) of the Theravadin Buddhist lineage, and she has also learned much from other traditions including the Advaita Vedanta teachings of non-duality and one of her heroes, Eckhart Tolle.
Michelle has a warm and engaging presence and really enjoys helping students find breakthroughs in problematic mental and emotional patterns through mindfulness meditation. She is also skilled in leading guided meditations, helping people to develop compassion and loving kindness for themselves and others. Michelle’s life is founded in mindfulness in everyday activities, a strong and grounded daily yoga practice, and creativity and adventure to feed and activate the soul.
Michelle leads retreats in mindfulness and yoga in Australia and around the world and is also a Spiritual Mentor and Life Coach. Find out more at her website, www.michelletaffe.com